Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ludovic Maitre <Lu...@sophia.inria.fr> on 2001/02/09 17:00:23 UTC

URL Rewrite between Apache & Tomcat (ah,ah it's very funny to configure)

Hello all,

I have convince my boss that we must use Tomcat for our institutionnal
webserver but there is a really bad news
what i haven't detected before : mod_jserv don't manage the rewrite
rules of Apache :-((((

So my question is : will i have more luck with mod_jk ? (the handler
could retrieve the local path of a file from Apache for example ?)

you know it's very important to manage the rewrite rules 'cause in a big
server, for maintaining old page (and preserving the bookmarks of our
visitors), we must use the rewrite rules.

So any help would be really appreciated,

Best regards,

--
 Ludovic.Maitre@sophia.inria.fr

 INRIA - 2004 route des lucioles - BP 93    Tel: (33/0) 4 92 38 50 41
 06902   SOPHIA-ANTIPOLIS cedex (France)    Fax: (33/0) 4 92 38 76 02

Re: URL Rewrite between Apache & Tomcat (ah,ah it's very funny to configure)

Posted by Jan Labanowski <jk...@osc.edu>.
  You may want to check my installation logs and see how I do rewrite.
Rewrite works with mod_jk, but you need to load mod_jk module BEFORE
mod_rewrite.

Check the
  http://www.ccl.net/cca/software/UNIX/apache/
namely:
  http://www.ccl.net/cca/software/UNIX/apache/apacheRH7.0/README.html

Jan
jkl@osc.edu

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Ludovic Maitre wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have convince my boss that we must use Tomcat for our institutionnal
> webserver but there is a really bad news
> what i haven't detected before : mod_jserv don't manage the rewrite
> rules of Apache :-((((
>
> So my question is : will i have more luck with mod_jk ? (the handler
> could retrieve the local path of a file from Apache for example ?)
>
> you know it's very important to manage the rewrite rules 'cause in a big
> server, for maintaining old page (and preserving the bookmarks of our
> visitors), we must use the rewrite rules.
>
> So any help would be really appreciated,
>
> Best regards,
>
> --
>  Ludovic.Maitre@sophia.inria.fr
>
>  INRIA - 2004 route des lucioles - BP 93    Tel: (33/0) 4 92 38 50 41
>  06902   SOPHIA-ANTIPOLIS cedex (France)    Fax: (33/0) 4 92 38 76 02

Jan K. Labanowski            |    phone: 614-292-9279,  FAX: 614-292-7168
Ohio Supercomputer Center    |    Internet: jkl@osc.edu
1224 Kinnear Rd,             |    http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html
Columbus, OH 43212-1163      |    http://www.osc.edu/