Posted to notifications@jakarta.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2010/07/13 12:14:36 UTC

[Jakarta-jmeter Wiki] Update of "LogAnalysis" by JMeterAdmin

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jakarta-jmeter Wiki" for change notification.

The "LogAnalysis" page has been changed by JMeterAdmin.
The comment on this change is: JMeter timestamps are Java, not Unix.
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/LogAnalysis?action=diff&rev1=60&rev2=61

  }}}
  This forces JMeter to use the old logformat which generates <sampleResult> element for all log entries. The newer format instead generates <httpSample> elements for HTTP requests and <sampleResult> for JDBC sampler entries - this is inconvenient from a automated log processing point of view. Refer this [[http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-jmeter-user/200604.mbox/%3cE5D178BFB0356B48A48B8330B2903721ED5CA6@syd1exc04.CE.CORP%3e|Jmeter-user thread]] for more details

- The above settings can also be defined as global properties in the JMeter.properties configuration file.
+ The above settings can also be defined as global properties in the jmeter.properties configuration file, or in the user.properties file.

  == The JMeter Log Format ==
  The format of JMeter log entries generated when using the flags in the previous section is defined in the table below. (Editing note: 4 spaces are used to denote one level of XML 'indentation'.)
@@ -33, +33 @@

  ||{{{/testResults		}}}||Root element for XML test log||
  ||{{{    @version    	}}}||Version of test results. Currently (JMeter 2.1.1), set to "1.1" irrespective of testlog format flag.||
  ||{{{    /sampleResult/...}}}||All log data is stored under an array of 'sampleResult' elements.||
- ||{{{        @timeStamp	}}}||Timestamp||
+ ||{{{        @timeStamp	}}}||Timestamp - See Java method System.currentTimeMillis() ||
  ||{{{        @dataType	}}}||Datatype - typically "text"||
  ||{{{        @threadName	}}}||Name set for the thread group, with affixed at the end  " <iteration>-<thread_id>". For eg    "Integration Tests Thread Group 1-1"||
  ||{{{        @label		}}}||Label set for the sampler. For eg    "Login to Custom URL using test account credentials" ||
@@ -93, +93 @@

  2. Convert Timestamps to Excel Format

- Once the data is in Excel, I convert the timestamp column from Jmeter's Unix timestamp format (base year 1970) to the Excel format (base year 1900 or 1904 depending on the Excel version and underlying OS) using this following formula. This formula is applied to the entire timestamp column.
+ Once the data is in Excel, I convert the timestamp column from Jmeter's Java timestamp format (base year 1970) to the Excel format (base year 1900 or 1904 depending on the Excel version and underlying OS) using this following formula. This formula is applied to the entire timestamp column.

  ''For GMT time on Windows''
  {{{
@@ -197, +197 @@

  <<BR>>
  The script uses a few neat awk tricks, such as:
  <<BR>>
-     * Rounding unix timestamps to nearest minute
+     * Rounding Java timestamps to nearest minute
      * Collect timestamps grouped by minute
-     * Convert unix timestamp to YYYY-MM-dd etc.
+     * Convert Java timestamp to YYYY-MM-dd etc.
      * Print Throughput for a minute increment
      * Print Average response time for a minute increment
      * Do all of the above in an efficient single pass through awk (this was the hardest bit!)
@@ -230, +230 @@

  }}}
  Script: [[attachment:jtlmin.sh.txt]] <<BR>>

- NB, here's a script to convert JMeter's Unix timestamps:
+ NB, here's a script to convert JMeter's Java timestamps:
  Script: [[attachment:utime2ymd.txt]] <<BR>>

  == Java Class to Quickly Summarize JMeter Results ==