Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Joseph Shraibman <jk...@selectacast.net> on 2004/08/24 02:51:39 UTC

endorsed directory (WAS: 5.0.28 next week?)

I don't know why you want to get rid of endorsed.  Sure java 5.0 will
have an up to date xerces, but it will get out of date in the future, so
you might as well keep the endorsed directory.

Re: endorsed directory (WAS: 5.0.28 next week?)

Posted by Amy Roh <am...@apache.org>.
I'm not getting rid of endorsed.  I'm just adding additional scripts so you
have an option to pick up the xml parsers from JDK 5.0 with 5.0.28 release
if you choose to.

The default behavior will be the same.

Amy

Posted by Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>.
Agreed.  Isn't the issue that the JAXP in Tomcat's endorsed is
incompatible with 1.5?