Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by grif <tp...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/22 05:57:13 UTC

De-Weighting Outbound Anchor Text

I would like to be able to reduce (or eliminate altogether) Nutch using a
page's outbound anchor text when determining similarity to the user's query.
For instance, if a page has an outbound link to another site with the anchor
text "new jersey", and "new jersey" isn't mentioned anywhere else on the
page, I don't want it to be considered a valid response to a query for "new
jersey". I know you can adjust the weightings of other different properties,
but I did not see anything regarding outbound anchors.

On a separate but similar note, I'd like to consider INCLUDING meta keyword
and description tags. Has anyone done that before?

Re: De-Weighting Outbound Anchor Text

Posted by Sagar Naik <sa...@visvo.com>.
Hey,

HtmlParseFilter plugins decide things to parse out from html (sample :
languageidentifier)
Similarly, IndexingFilter plugins decide things to Index: (sample :
index-basic plugin)

So to ignore, anchor of outbound link, u can implement a custom
HtmlParseFilter plugin

grif wrote:
> I would like to be able to reduce (or eliminate altogether) Nutch using a
> page's outbound anchor text when determining similarity to the user's query.
> For instance, if a page has an outbound link to another site with the anchor
> text "new jersey", and "new jersey" isn't mentioned anywhere else on the
> page, I don't want it to be considered a valid response to a query for "new
> jersey". I know you can adjust the weightings of other different properties,
> but I did not see anything regarding outbound anchors.
>
> On a separate but similar note, I'd like to consider INCLUDING meta keyword
> and description tags. Has anyone done that before?

dangerous content and is believed to be clean.