Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by jo...@xml4pharma.com on 2005/04/16 19:32:01 UTC

finding xs:unique information from XML-Schema

I have an XML schema with:

<xs:unique name="UC-O-1">
  <xs:selector xpath="Study" />
  <xs:field xpath="@OID" />
</xs:unique>

and:
<xs:element name="Study">
  <xs:complexType>
    <xs:sequence>
    </xs:sequence>
  </xs:complexType>
  <xs:attribute name="OID" type="oid" use="required" />
</xs:element>

Now after compiling the schema, I am trying to retrieve the xs:unique
information from the XML-Schema.
I tried using:

SchemaGlobalElement[] sge = sts.globalElements(); // sts is the
SchemaTypeSystem
SchemaGlobalElement[] sge = sts.globalElements();
for(int i=0; i<sge.length;i++) {
  SchemaProperty[] attributes =
sge[i].getType().getAttributeProperties();
  for(int j=0; j<attributes.length; j++) {
    System.out.println("with ID constraint = " +
sts.findIdentityConstraintRef(attributes[j].getName()));
  }
}

but I always get null for each attribute.

Is this the way to go, or is there a way to find all constraints at once
?

Anyone having an example or code snippet ?

Many thanks in advance

Jozef Aerts