Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by du...@us.ibm.com on 2000/08/17 21:12:54 UTC

Re: cleanString() for CDATA

Thanks for pointing this out. It is indeed a bug. It has been fixed, and
the updated Utils class has been committed. Character data enclosed in
CDATA sections should not be expanded.

I will post updated distributions shortly.

-Matt

"Ross Milward" <ro...@db.com> on 08/17/2000 05:38:21 AM

Please respond to soap-user@xml.apache.org

To:   soap-user@xml.apache.org
cc:
Subject:  cleanString() for CDATA

I've upgraded to the latest release of the Apache SOAP implementation (RC3)
from the old IBM
implementation and now notice that my parameters containing XML CDATA are
being expanded
with the cleanString() method.

For example if I have:

params.addElement(new Parameter("input", String.class,  "<![CDATA[
<Test>Hello</Test>]]>", null));

in the marshalling this gets expanded to:

<input
xsi:type="xsd:string">&lt;![CDATA[&lt;Test&gt;Hello&lt;/Test&gt;]]&gt;</input>

Should the marshalling do this expansion, or is it meant to leave CDATA
unprocessed?

Thanks for the help,

Ross.

e-mail is strictly forbidden.