Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Brent L Johnson <br...@bjohnson.net> on 2001/09/07 20:40:20 UTC

[c1] HTML Output and xmlns

Quick question - probably easy to answer - but why when I view the source of
the transformed HTML document in my browser, why do I see xmlns tags in the
HTML document (along with some other xml related code).  Can I restrict it
to only HTML compliant that will work for most all browsers?  Here are the
first 3 lines of my source document:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0//EN" "Transitional">
<?xml-stylesheet href="/common/main.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>

Obviously I dont want that xml-stylesheet tag in there - but I'm not sure
WHY it is there.

This isn't causing me a problem with IE or later versions of Netscape, but
I'm putting a site into production using Cocoon 1.8.2 (which should get
fairly heavily traffic) - and I've already got a support call from someone
who is actually SEEING the HTML source code (maybe because of the DOCTYPE
tag or something).  I remember reading somewhere that Cocoon 1.8.2 was
production quality, but Cocoon2 was still in beta (correct?).  There other
people using Cocoon for higher traffic commercial sites?

Thanks,

- Brent

Re: [c1] HTML Output and xmlns

Posted by Michael McKibben <mm...@ncube.com>.
Hello, you can restrict the output of namespace prefixes by adding the
exclude-result-prefixes attribute to the root xsl:stylesheet element in
your stylesheets. The attribute accepts whitespace separated namespace
prefixes to exclude from the result. For example,

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
exclude-result-prefixes="rightbar">

--mike