Posted to dev@solr.apache.org by Michael Gibney <mi...@michaelgibney.net> on 2022/12/22 14:44:33 UTC

Solr 9.1.1 bugfix release

I'd like to get the ball rolling on a 9.1.1 bugfix release, and
volunteer to be release manager. There aren't very many bugfixes
accumulated since 9.1.0 on `branch_9_1`, but SOLR-16585 in particular
(NPE on MatchAllDocs pagination) should be fixed asap.

I'm thinking to build a release candidate as early as possible in the new year.

Are there any outstanding bugfixes that anyone would like to backport
to `branch_9_1` before preparing the release?

Michael

Re: Solr 9.1.1 bugfix release

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for volunteering, Michael.

Re: Solr 9.1.1 bugfix release

Posted by Michael Gibney <mi...@michaelgibney.net>.
Thanks! Agreed wrt 9.2 soon w/ Lucene upgrade; but to be explicit: the
SlotAcc deadlock in particular can be addressed in 9.1.1 (by
backporting SOLR-16165). The analyzer SPI deadlock (requires Lucene
9.4) is separate.

Re: Solr 9.1.1 bugfix release

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.

Re: Solr 9.1.1 bugfix release

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.
+1 to SOLR-16165.

Re: Solr 9.1.1 bugfix release

Posted by David Smiley <ds...@apache.org>.

Re: Solr 9.1.1 bugfix release

Posted by Gus Heck <gu...@gmail.com>.
Ok false alarm I think missed updating the separate solr-test-framework
line in my build (need to parameterize that version or something), I have
other problems with the upgrade now such as import
org.apache.lucene.util.QuickPatchThreadsFilter going away, but the class
def problem disappeared

Re: Solr 9.1.1 bugfix release

Posted by Gus Heck <gu...@gmail.com>.

Re: Solr 9.1.1 bugfix release

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.

Re: Solr 9.1.1 bugfix release

Posted by Michael Gibney <mi...@michaelgibney.net>.

Re: Solr 9.1.1 bugfix release

Posted by Alessandro Benedetti <a....@sease.io>.
From my side I merged everything and I am monitoring Jenkins!

Re: Solr 9.1.1 bugfix release

Posted by Alessandro Benedetti <a....@sease.io>.

Re: Solr 9.1.1 bugfix release

Posted by Michael Gibney <mi...@michaelgibney.net>.

Re: Solr 9.1.1 bugfix release

Posted by Alessandro Benedetti <a....@sease.io>.

Re: Solr 9.1.1 bugfix release

Posted by Michael Gibney <mi...@michaelgibney.net>.

Re: Solr 9.1.1 bugfix release

Posted by Alessandro Benedetti <a....@sease.io>.

Re: Solr 9.1.1 bugfix release

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.

Re: Solr 9.1.1 bugfix release

Posted by Michael Gibney <mi...@michaelgibney.net>.

Re: Solr 9.1.1 bugfix release

Posted by David Smiley <ds...@apache.org>.

Re: Solr 9.1.1 bugfix release

Posted by Alessandro Benedetti <a....@sease.io>.
There's this one I would like to include:
https://github.com/apache/solr/pull/1245
It's almost ready!

Re: Solr 9.1.1 bugfix release

Posted by David Smiley <ds...@apache.org>.