Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Ilya Kazakevich <Il...@jetbrains.com> on 2010/04/08 19:42:49 UTC

Programmatically install artifact

Hello,

I have several files (already compiled) and information I may need to create
a pom.
I want to create maven artifact and install it into my local repository.

I can create pom.xml using class Model, but next I have to install it,
something like:"mvn install-file -DpomFile=pom.xml
-Dfile=myfile-1.2.3-SNAPSHOT.jar".

What is the best way to do it programmatically?

* I can use "maven-install-plugin" (InstallFileMojo) but it needs a pack of
info that could be set using reflection only and I do not feel it is a nice
way to do.

* I can use "org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher" but it really bad because it
was designed to run from console

* I can use DefaultMaven class, and it looks like the best thing I could do,
but it is pretty complicated.

Does there is an interface I could say "run plugin A with goal B using this
map as arguments" and that's all?

Thanks.

Ilya Kazakevich,
Web-Developer