Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by joop schipper <js...@ip-globalnet.com> on 2001/07/24 15:53:26 UTC

Tomcat/Apache on OpenVMS (alpha)

Hi all,

Is there anybody who is running Compaq Apache/Tomcat on OpenVMS?

I'm trying to port a tomcat/apache application from TRU64 Unix to OpenVMS.
Problem I have is that classes can not be found from a jar file.
apache$specific:[000000]apache$jakarta_server_output.log shows:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: nl/DICgroep/DIC_Aida/AidaAapOutpu
tStream

VMS version 7.3, J2DSK 1.3.0-1, CSWS version 1.1, CSWS_java version 1.0
jar - and java files are stream_lf format. (checked/converted)
Disk = ODS-5

define(d) APACHE$JAKARTA_USER_CLASSPATH
apache$common:[jakarta.lib]DIC_Aida.jar
jar -tvf DIC_Aida.jar shows the class
(nl/DICgroep/DIC_Aida/AidaAapOutputStream)needed.

sys$startup:apache$jakarta_config.com modified so that cleanup area is
skipped.
JAVA$CLASSPATH shows the right logical and
javac "*java" does compile without problems. So it is able to find the
include import nl.DICgroep.DIC_Aida.*; statements

Any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks a lot in advance!
DIC Information Consultants
Joop M. Schipper