Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com> on 2014/11/17 17:23:14 UTC

Re: Removal vcloud and vcloud-director from jclouds in version 1.9.0

> jclouds will stop maintaining vcloud in 1.8.x. We will remove vcloud
> (and the vcloud-director labs provider) in version 1.9.0.

Dropping support for vCloud is not a pleasant step to take, but it
also seems like the best option to me at this point. vcloud-director
has been in labs for far too long, and if vcloud isn't actually usable
any more and isn't going to be updated, it should also go.

I think it's less confusing to our users to make it clear that we
currently do not support vCloud, than to have multiple pieces of code
lying around that might make you think that we do, but then don't work.

Regards

ap