Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Hanno Schlichting <ha...@hannosch.eu> on 2013/03/26 23:31:29 UTC

ANN: Kazoo 1.0

Kazoo 1.0 has just been released.

This release marks the connection handling refactoring as stable for
production use. It also introduces a new LockingQueue recipe with an
explicit `consume` API for each queue item and has some minor bug
fixes.

On behalf of the ever expanding Kazoo team,
Hanno

Full changelog:

1.0 (2013-03-26)
----------------

Features
********

- Added a LockingQueue recipe. The queue first locks an item and removes it
  from the queue only after the consume() method is called. This enables other
  nodes to retake the item if an error occurs on the first node.

Bug Handling

- Issue #50: Avoid problems with sleep function in mixed gevent/threading
  setup.

- Issue #56: Avoid issues with watch callbacks evaluating to false.

Re: ANN: Kazoo 1.0

Posted by Louis Dunne <lo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your work on this Hanno. I'm using Kazoo in some deployment
tools at Dell and it has worked out very well so far.

cheers
Louis