Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2012/11/03 16:34:23 UTC

Turtle updates

I've got round to updating the Turtle parser (RIOT) for the changes for
the Last Call publication of the Turtle spec from the RDF-WG.

Editors working draft:
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-turtle/index.html#

The writers have not been updated.

The changes are all additional things except one item which is an
alteration.

Added:
1/ The local part of a prefixed names can have %xx

Now legal:

ns:foo%23bar

and this puts %-2-3 into the URI (it does not convert it to numeric
codepoint i.e. #)

2/ The local part of a prefixed names can have character escapes

'_' '~' '.' '-' '!' '$' '&' "'" '(' ')' '*' '+' ','
';' '=' '/' '?' '#' '@' '%'

Now legal:

ns:foo\#bar

3/ PREFIX and BASE  (any case) are synonyms for @prefix and @base except
they don't take a DOT at the end of the declaration.

Change:

4/ XSD decimals now need a digital after the decimal point in their
short form.  Previously, the character sequence 123. used to be an XSD
decimal; it is now an XSD integer and a DOT.  As space-DOT is much, much
more common, the WG hopes this will not be a major issue.  SPARQL 1.1
made the change and so far it has not been an issue there.

The RIOT turtle parser passes the current draft test suite [*], as does
Gregg Kellogg's mods for RDF.rb.  (The test suite is work-in-progress in
RDF-WG and subject to change.)

	Andy

[*] Poacher and gamekeeper (I wrote the tests) but I promise I wrote the
tests, *then* made the Turtle parser pass them.  Honest.

Re: Turtle updates

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 07/11/12 20:42, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> On 07/11/12 18:36, Rob Vesse wrote:
>> Ok good to know
>>
>> If you can ping the list when the Turtle test suite is ready for public
>> consumption that'd be great
>
> Will do.
>
> Also, if you get a chance to use the test before they move or after, and
> think something isn't covered then shout.
>
> I'd like to get a really quite tight set of tests.  Turtle is
> sufficiently simple that I don't see why the test suite should not be
> very comprehensive.  The triple generation is really pretty simple so
> it's about getting coverage in the syntax tests.
>
>      Andy

Rob,

Intermediate point in case you want a head start:

I've changed the tests so everything is under

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jena/Experimental/riot-reader/testing/RIOT/Turtle

will go to RDF-WG, with a few long tests in Turtle2.

The submission tests have been merged into the draft for the RDF-WG.
All the names have changed to make it possible to look at test names and
work out what they do without needing to process the manifest file.

Next ... check, then send off to W3C (RDF-WG use mercurial).

	Andy

Re: Turtle updates

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Re: Turtle updates