Posted to user@poi.apache.org by rehman abdul <ar...@yahoo.com> on 2004/04/06 09:44:17 UTC

need help

hello there
i am new to POI i know java but i want to know how we can use POI with java or where would i have to Istall the POI for using with java and also tell me the Class paths that i have to set for the runnig of POI
 see u

Re: need help

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
This really isn't the appropriate tool or forum for those band spanking new
to Java.  Using POI assumes that you at least know how to use a Java
library.  If you donĀ¹t, you're not likely to find a great deal of help here.
There is simply nothing in it for us to teach you Java.

Start here:
http://java.sun.com/developer/onlineTraining/Programming/BasicJava1/windows.
html

Learn Java and then come back later.
--
Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and are almost
definitely not shared by the Apache Software Foundation, its board or its
general membership.  In fact they probably most definitively disagree with
everything espoused in the above email.