Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by James Black <jb...@ieee.org> on 2004/06/28 22:55:06 UTC

re: authentication with ldap after doing an ldap search

Our ldap dn is namsid=number,ou=school,o=school

The problem is that the student don't know their namsid, they know their
uid.

I need a way for tomcat to first do a search, looking for anything where
uid=netid (which is what the student passed in), then use that entries
dn to bind and verify the password that was also entered.

Is there anyway to do this in Tomcat?

I have the authentication working if the person known their namsid, but
few people will as it is used internally.

Thank you.

--
"Love is mutual self-giving that ends in self-recovery." Fulton Sheen
James Black    james@usf.edu