Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Arne Brutschy <ma...@studserv.uni-leipzig.de> on 2003/11/17 16:14:08 UTC

Re[2]: Strange things happen to my servlet path..

Hello,

>> From: Arne Brutschy [mailto:mai01cvr@studserv.uni-leipzig.de]
>> The conclusion is, that something is wrong with filter. I'm not sure,
>> but using <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern> as pattern protects the
>> resources as well, doesn't it? So using such a generic pattern is not
>> possible for me, as the login page should have some colors.. :)

WS> You could put code in your Filter to detect the sort of thing being
WS> requested.  If the URL ends in .jpg or .css then just return
WS> immediately.

Yes, I just came up with this solution myself! :) Thanks anyway. I'm
implemented it like this:

 public final static String[] LOGIN_FILTER_WHITELIST  = new String[] { "/images/.*\\.jpg",
                                                                       "/images/.*\\.gif",
                                                                       "/.*\\.css",
                                                                       "/template/errorpage\\.jsp"};
    .
    .

  private boolean checkWhiteList(String path) {
    for (int i = 0; i < Constants.LOGIN_FILTER_WHITELIST.length; i++) {
      if (path.matches(Constants.LOGIN_FILTER_WHITELIST[i]))
        return true;
    }
    return false;
  }

    .
    .

  HttpServletRequest httpRequest = (HttpServletRequest)request;
  if (checkWhiteList(httpRequest.getServletPath())) {
    chain.doFilter(request, response);
    return;
  }

>> Is there a possibility to define an exclude list? A pattern of
>> <url-pattern>/*.jps</url-pattern> didn't seem to work.

WS> No exclusions that I'm aware of-- it's not a regular expression, either.
WS> Is that at typo, did you mean *.jsp?  And what's the leading slash for?
WS> With that slash, I think /*.jps is exactly the same as /*, it stops
WS> parsing when it gets that far.
Oh, thanks, I missed that. I'll fix that.. Great, all fine now!
Thanks.

Regards,
Arne

Re[3]: Strange things happen to my servlet path..

Posted by Arne Brutschy <ma...@studserv.uni-leipzig.de>.
Hello,

Monday, November 17, 2003, 4:14:08 PM, Arne wrote:
WS>> No exclusions that I'm aware of-- it's not a regular expression, either.
WS>> Is that at typo, did you mean *.jsp?  And what's the leading slash for?
WS>> With that slash, I think /*.jps is exactly the same as /*, it stops
WS>> parsing when it gets that far.
You cannot use <url-pattern>*</url-pattern> in a filter mapping, it
has to be <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>. Tomcat dumps at this pattern
if I use it without a slash. And with a slash, it is parsing
subdirectories, as my images are in /images and haven't been loaded..

Regards,
Arne

PS: sorry for double-sending (I'm not even sure if I did), but my
    mailer is quite buggy. :(