Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by "Cordes, Hans-Dieter" <hd...@emea.att.com> on 2005/06/01 17:19:19 UTC

Using SAAJ 1.3 and XMLBeans 1.0.3 for a web service client

Hello,

I use SAAJ 1.3 and XMLBeans 1.0.3 to develop a web service client. I use SAAJ for the SOAP part and XMLBeans for the data payload part. My problem is that I cannot figure out how to get the child element from the SOAP-Body element that corresponds to my root XMLBeans element. The work-around I use for now is that I iterate through all SOAP-Body childs until an XMLBeans parse method for a org.w3c.dom.Node object does not throw an exception. I have tried to use a javax.xml.soap.Name object that contains the "localname" of my XMLBeans root element, but that creates an empty iterator. I cannot use the javax.xml.soap.Name object that in addition contains the namespace prefix and namespace URL, as the prefix may change.

My work-around works, but it seems to be very, very ugly. Any ideas here?

I have attached the corresponding JAVA code and some logging output so you can see the XML I try to process.

Thanks in advance,
	Hans-Dieter Cordes

 Hans-Dieter Cordes
 Software Dev. Spec. in the Network Configuration team

 NIBS Development & Support (Network Information & Business Systems)
 AT&T LABS EMEA

 Lyoner Strasse 24-26
 D-60528 Frankfurt
 Germany

 EMail:    hdcordes@emea.att.com

 Phone:    +49 69 15306 235
 Fax:      +49 69 15306 330

This message and any attachments to it contain confidential business information
intended solely for the recipients. If you have received this email in error
please do not forward or distribute it to anyone else, but call +49/69/15306-235
to report the error, and then delete this message from your system.