Posted to ftpserver-users@mina.apache.org by Sai Pullabhotla <sa...@jmethods.com> on 2008/12/11 16:34:44 UTC

SSL related commands need to be allowed before login

I just got into testing the FTPS portion of the server. It looks like
we do NOT allow PBSZ or PROT commands before the user logs in.
Shouldn't we be allowing these commands? My understanding from the RFC
2228 is that client first issues AUTH, then possibly several other
commands like PBSZ and PROT before it issues the USER and PASS. What
do you guys think?

Thanks.

Sai Pullabhotla
Phone: (402) 408-5753
Fax: (402) 408-6861
www.jMethods.com

Re: SSL related commands need to be allowed before login

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 11:29 PM, Sai Pullabhotla
<sa...@jmethods.com> wrote:
> The reason I brought this up is because I could not connect with the
> FTP Client, JFTP (www.jMethods.com) that I wrote. I can connect to
> pretty much any other FTPS server with it except this. :(

Well, that's a pretty good argument (that other servers allow for it).
Add a JIRA and we'll fix it for RC1.

/niklas

Re: SSL related commands need to be allowed before login

Posted by Sai Pullabhotla <sa...@jmethods.com>.
The reason I brought this up is because I could not connect with the
FTP Client, JFTP (www.jMethods.com) that I wrote. I can connect to
pretty much any other FTPS server with it except this. :( I'm sure
there might be other clients that do the same and would error out (but
I'm not sure).

Thanks.

Sai Pullabhotla
Phone: (402) 408-5753