Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Lukáš Málek <ma...@gmail.com> on 2021/11/20 20:52:02 UTC

Raspberry Pi Pico Not Responing

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have been struggling for more than three days with building nuttx for
Raspberry Pi Pico. I follow the guide Getting started. At the
compilation, I run the following commands to compile the Nuttx.

/$git clone -b master https://github.com/raspberrypi/pico-sdk.git//
//$export PICO_SDK_PATH="<abs_path_to_pico-sdk>"//
//$cd nuttx//
//$./tools/configure.sh -l raspberrypi-pico:nsh//
//$make/

Unfortunately, after making it, I got an error.
/File pico/version.h can't be found/

At pico-SDK, I can see a file version.h.ini, so I rename it to
version.h, but after that, I got an error message that
/File "pico/config_autogen.h" can't be found/

This error is the dead-end for me. I have tried to comment the line.
Also, I created the file that is attached, both resulting in a
successful build. Unfortunately, the serial port is not working after
uploading the u2f file to Qt Py RP2040 (Based on Raspberry Pi Pico). In
Device Manager and Zadig, I can see that nothing is connected to the
port. Is it possible that during the build, the communication via USB is
not activated? In this case, how can I do that? I have tested the serial
port using CMake and pico-sdk. The communication via serial port worked,
so there must be a problem with the software.

I would be very grateful for any help since I have tried everything, but
nothing worked. My nuttx folder, as well as the pico-SDK library, is
attached.

Sincerely,
Lukas Malek

Re: Raspberry Pi Pico Not Responing

Posted by Lukáš Málek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thank you for yor time, both of you. Finally, it's working. There were two
issues. Firstly, as Alan wrote in the second mail, I missed the information
in README that I can't access nsh strictly via USB. Secondly, the previous
pico-sdk version (git reset --hard 26653ea81e340) was not working, but
Release 1.1.2 and using :usbnsh option solved both problems.

Thank you very much once more. Your help saved me a lot of time.

Have a nice week.

Best regards,
Lukas

Posted by Yu...@sony.com.