Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by simweb <sh...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/11 13:14:59 UTC

Getting exception : java.net.HttpRetryException: cannot retry due to server authentication, in streaming mode

I am new to web service  i am working on invoking a web service which is
running in tomcat server on another machine and i am trying to invoke it by
generating a client from the wsdl given and i am getting the following error
when i run the client program.

Caused by: java.net.HttpRetryException: cannot retry due to server
authentication, in streaming mode
well i searched for it and got a site
http://techpolesen.blogspot.com/2007/08/javanethttpretryexception-cannot-retry.html
but was unable to get more help.

Please guide me.

Thanks

Re: Getting exception : java.net.HttpRetryException: cannot retry due to server authentication, in streaming mode

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Basically, by default, CXF streams the data to the server.   Thus, if
something occurs that would cause CXF to have to resend, it cannot.   The most
popular thing to cause this is authentication.   Basically, you've tried to
make a request, but you didn't specify authentication credentials (or supplied
the wrong credentials).   The "best" way to fix that is to specify the
username/password up front.

You can turn off the streaming, but that really won't solve the problem if it
requires the auth credentials.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp