Posted to jaxme-dev@ws.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/24 22:21:23 UTC

Announce: Mixed content support

Hi,

I'd like to announce that we now have support for mixed content in HEAD.

This is a very important feature: Not so much because of itself (mixed
content is used rarely in applications depending on Java/XML binding),
but because the JAXB specification requires, that mixed content is
treated in much the same way than general nested groups (with
multiplicity > 1, that is).

In other words: It is only a small step, that remains, until we are able
to accept *all* schemata. Hope to get this within the next two months.

Jochen

Re: Announce: Mixed content support

Posted by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 2005-04-24 at 22:21 +0200, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to announce that we now have support for mixed content in HEAD.
>
> This is a very important feature: Not so much because of itself (mixed
> content is used rarely in applications depending on Java/XML binding),
> but because the JAXB specification requires, that mixed content is
> treated in much the same way than general nested groups (with
> multiplicity > 1, that is).
>
> In other words: It is only a small step, that remains, until we are able
> to accept *all* schemata. Hope to get this within the next two months.

good work :)

i still owe you that tutorial. it's half finished but it got stalled (so
much to do...) i'll try to find some time (from somewhere) to try to
pull it together within that time frame.

- robert