Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/03 10:12:57 UTC

[vote] (repost) Propose OpenEJB for graduation to a TLP

After the previous discussion, the proposal has been amended to
include the new wording. We will restart the vote.

Please cast your votes on whether to recommend this proposal.

Thanks,
Brett
(OpenEJB Mentor)

       Establish Apache OpenEJB Project

       interests of the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's
       purpose to establish a Project Management Committee charged with
       enterprise application containers and object distribution
       services based on, but not limited to the Enterprise JavaBeans
       Specification.

       Committee (PMC), to be known as the "The Apache OpenEJB Project",
       Foundation; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that The Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby is
       responsible for enterprise application containers and object
       distribution services based on, but not limited to the Enterprise
       JavaBeans Specification; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache OpenEJB
       Project" be and hereby is created, the person holding such office
       to serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
       of The Apache OpenEJB Project, and to have primary responsibility
       for management of the projects within the scope of responsibility
       of The Apache OpenEJB Project; and be it further

       hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of The
       Apache OpenEJB Project:

         * David Blevins       (dblevins@apache.org)
         * Alan Cabrera        (adc@apache.org)
         * David Jencks        (djencks@apache.org)
         * Jacek Laskowski     (jlaskowski@apache.org)
         * Brett Porter        (brett@apache.org)
         * Dain Sundstrom      (dain@apache.org)

       NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that David Blevins be
       appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache OpenEJB
       Project, to serve in accordance with and subject to the direction
       of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
       death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or
       until a successor is appointed; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the initial Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby
       Incubator OpenEJB podling; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
       Incubator OpenEJB podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
       PMC are hereafter discharged.

Re: [vote] (repost) Propose OpenEJB for graduation to a TLP

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me

On 5/3/07, Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 from me
>
> Paul
>
> On 5/3/07, Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com> wrote:
> > Brett Porter wrote:
> > > After the previous discussion, the proposal has been amended to
> > > include the new wording. We will restart the vote.
> > >
> > > Please cast your votes on whether to recommend this proposal.
> > +1
> >
> > Bill

> Paul Fremantle

> paul@wso2.com

Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Re: [vote] (repost) Propose OpenEJB for graduation to a TLP

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me

Paul

On 5/3/07, Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com> wrote:
> Brett Porter wrote:
> > After the previous discussion, the proposal has been amended to
> > include the new wording. We will restart the vote.
> >
> > Please cast your votes on whether to recommend this proposal.
> +1
>
> Bill

Paul Fremantle

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle
paul@wso2.com

Re: [vote] (repost) Propose OpenEJB for graduation to a TLP

Posted by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.

-- dims

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@SUN.com>.
+1

Craig

On May 3, 2007, at 1:12 AM, Brett Porter wrote:

> After the previous discussion, the proposal has been amended to
> include the new wording. We will restart the vote.
>
> Please cast your votes on whether to recommend this proposal.
>
> Thanks,
> Brett
> (OpenEJB Mentor)
>
>       Establish Apache OpenEJB Project
>
>       WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best
>       interests of the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's
>       purpose to establish a Project Management Committee charged with
>       enterprise application containers and object distribution
>       services based on, but not limited to the Enterprise JavaBeans
>       Specification.
>
>       NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management
>       Committee (PMC), to be known as the "The Apache OpenEJB
> Project",
>       be and hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the
>       Foundation; and be it further
>
>       RESOLVED, that The Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby is
>       responsible for enterprise application containers and object
>       distribution services based on, but not limited to the
> Enterprise
>       JavaBeans Specification; and be it further
>
>       RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache OpenEJB
>       Project" be and hereby is created, the person holding such
> office
>       to serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
>       of The Apache OpenEJB Project, and to have primary
> responsibility
>       for management of the projects within the scope of
> responsibility
>       of The Apache OpenEJB Project; and be it further
>
>       RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and
>       hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of The
>       Apache OpenEJB Project:
>
>         * David Blevins       (dblevins@apache.org)
>         * Alan Cabrera        (adc@apache.org)
>         * David Jencks        (djencks@apache.org)
>         * Jacek Laskowski     (jlaskowski@apache.org)
>         * Brett Porter        (brett@apache.org)
>         * Dain Sundstrom      (dain@apache.org)
>
>       NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that David Blevins be
>       appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache OpenEJB
>       Project, to serve in accordance with and subject to the
> direction
>       of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
>       death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or
>       until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
>       RESOLVED, that the initial Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby
>       is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>       Incubator OpenEJB podling; and be it further
>
>       RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
>       Incubator OpenEJB podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
>       PMC are hereafter discharged.

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: [vote] (repost) Propose OpenEJB for graduation to a TLP

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 5/3/07, Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> After the previous discussion, the proposal has been amended to
> include the new wording. We will restart the vote.
>
> Please cast your votes on whether to recommend this proposal.

+1

- robert

Re: [vote] (repost) Propose OpenEJB for graduation to a TLP

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
Brett Porter wrote:
> After the previous discussion, the proposal has been amended to
> include the new wording. We will restart the vote.
>
> Please cast your votes on whether to recommend this proposal.

+1

best wishes,

 -jean

Re: [vote] (repost) Propose OpenEJB for graduation to a TLP

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

On 5/3/07, Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> After the previous discussion, the proposal has been amended to
> include the new wording. We will restart the vote.
>
> Please cast your votes on whether to recommend this proposal.
>
> Thanks,
> Brett
> (OpenEJB Mentor)
>
>        Establish Apache OpenEJB Project
>
>        WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best
>        interests of the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's
>        purpose to establish a Project Management Committee charged with
>        enterprise application containers and object distribution
>        services based on, but not limited to the Enterprise JavaBeans
>        Specification.
>
>        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management
>        Committee (PMC), to be known as the "The Apache OpenEJB Project",
>        be and hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the
>        Foundation; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that The Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby is
>        responsible for enterprise application containers and object
>        distribution services based on, but not limited to the Enterprise
>        JavaBeans Specification; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache OpenEJB
>        Project" be and hereby is created, the person holding such office
>        to serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
>        of The Apache OpenEJB Project, and to have primary responsibility
>        for management of the projects within the scope of responsibility
>        of The Apache OpenEJB Project; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and
>        hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of The
>        Apache OpenEJB Project:
>
>          * David Blevins       (dblevins@apache.org)
>          * Alan Cabrera        (adc@apache.org)
>          * David Jencks        (djencks@apache.org)
>          * Jacek Laskowski     (jlaskowski@apache.org)
>          * Brett Porter        (brett@apache.org)
>          * Dain Sundstrom      (dain@apache.org)
>
>        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that David Blevins be
>        appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache OpenEJB
>        Project, to serve in accordance with and subject to the direction
>        of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
>        death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or
>        until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that the initial Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby
>        is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>        Incubator OpenEJB podling; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
>        Incubator OpenEJB podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
>        PMC are hereafter discharged.

James
-------
http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Re: [vote] (repost) Propose OpenEJB for graduation to a TLP

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On May 4, 2007, at 6:11 AM, Eddie O'Neil wrote:

>  +1 -- good luck out in the World!

The project started Dec 1999, but I know what you mean :)  Thanks for
the good wishes, we're pretty excited too!

-David

Posted by Eddie O'Neil <ek...@gmail.com>.
  +1 -- good luck out in the World!

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
+1

Cheers
Niclas

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
recast IFF it isn't too much trouble or +1 IFF we recast? :D

Yes, I'll adjust to the new template before submitting to the board,
should the vote pass.

- Brett

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On May 3, 2007, at 3:16 AM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> +1
>
> However, IFF ("if and only if", for those not posessing a math or
> logic
> background), it isn't too much trouble, could you recast it in the
> form of
> the revised template?
>
> Mind you, that's really an issue for the Board, so it doesn't
> require a
> revote here if the non-template text remains the same, but I just
> spent time
> with Greg and Ken (separately) working on the Board resolution
> templates.

:)   Got your note on that and updated the text yesterday.  I did an
eye-ball diff, though, so it's very possible I missed something.
Here's the delta:

-David

RE: [vote] (repost) Propose OpenEJB for graduation to a TLP