Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by cbchhaya <cb...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/11 17:53:31 UTC

AutoCompletetextField misbehavior in IE

I have an AutoCompleteTextField on my form (nothing fancy, have a simple list
and filtered using CollectionUtils.select from commons-collection).

The field works just fine in FF but I see strange behavior with IE.

1. When I type in the first character in the field, the list is retrieved
correctly but the display takes place elsewher on the page (left bottom
corner, which is outside the display area of the panel that this box is on).

2. When I type in a second character, nothing changes, no filtering or
refresh of the list. the original display in the left bottom corner stays
and the DEBUG panel shows "Channel busy...postponing" message. IE status bar
shows "Error on Page" with message "Type mistmatch Code 0". When I click
outside the textbox (but not on one of the choices), the list disappears and
the box is blank. Selecting a value from the original list displayed in the
left bottom corner populates the TextField.

3. Clearing the field and retyping a character doesn't help, I have to
reinvoke the page and the same behavior is observed again.

Any clues on what I might be missing and how to fix this? I am using Wicket
1.3.5.

Thanks

Re: AutoCompletetextField misbehavior in IE

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
RCs are unacceptable and snapshots are okay?

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com

Posted by slowery23 <sl...@gatessolutions.com>.
Did you have to do anything else to get this to work?  I am having the same
issue in both 1.4rc1 and 1.4rc2.

Posted by cbchhaya <cb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by cbchhaya <cb...@gmail.com>.
Unfortunately, replacing with the snapshot doesn't work either.

Was this a known problem in an earlier version that has been fixed in the
1.4RC or 1.3-SNAPSHOT?

If not, can this be a quirk with the way my HTML is structured so that, for
some reason, it's not able to create the display area right under the
textfield?

Re: AutoCompletetextField misbehavior in IE

Posted by cbchhaya <cb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by TahitianGabriel <gl...@piti.pf>.
I've got the same behaviour with 1.3.5 on IE (even in the example
application).

It works with the 1.4RC2 and the latest 1.3.5 SNAPSHOT (that you can get in
the  http://wicketstuff.org/maven/repository/org/apache/wicket/ wicketstuff
repository    or with
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/wicket/branches/wicket-1.3.x SVN ).

Re: AutoCompletetextField misbehavior in IE

Posted by cbchhaya <cb...@gmail.com>.
If it helps, here's the HTML:

                        <select wicket:id="selection">
                            <option></option>
                        </select>
                        <label>XYZ: </label>
                        <input wicket:id="autoselectXYZ" type="text"
size="64" width="64"/>
                        <label>Name: </label>
                        <input wicket:id="name" type="text"/>
                        <input type="button" wicket:id="searchBtn"
value="Search"/>

The "autoselectXYZ" is the auto complete field.

I have changed the field names from the original.

Thanks!