Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Daniel Brown <da...@metamx.com> on 2011/09/25 01:42:58 UTC

scala-2.9.x

Hello,

Are there plans to support scala-2.9.x? I'd like to upgrade some of my
projects to 2.9.1, but I see that Kafka's build.properties still only
lists 2.8.0.

 Dan

Re: scala-2.9.x

Posted by Chris Burroughs <ch...@gmail.com>.
On 09/27/2011 01:56 AM, Jay Kreps wrote:
> One thing I understood was that SBT somehow made it possible to
> cross-compile for different scala versions. Is that true? That would lessen
> the pain for us, since most of linkedin is not upgraded to 2.9 yet.

Yeah that's theoretically possibly, I've created KAFKA-139 for it.

http://code.google.com/p/simple-build-tool/wiki/CrossBuild

Re: scala-2.9.x

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com>.
One thing I understood was that SBT somehow made it possible to
cross-compile for different scala versions. Is that true? That would lessen
the pain for us, since most of linkedin is not upgraded to 2.9 yet.

-Jay

Re: scala-2.9.x

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.