Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Nassereddine Sabeur <sa...@IRO.UMontreal.CA> on 2000/05/21 20:46:26 UTC

how I can check that the load balancing work properly?

Hi;
here configuration of my server:
apache 1.3.12 on linux redhat 6.2
tomcat 3.1 with 2 JVM
ajpv12://localhost:8001
ajpv12://localhost:8002
 all these set-up are located on same host.

I used the same configuration as the configuration described by Gal
Shachor (http://www.metronet.com/~wjm/tomcat/FromFeb11/msg00301.html ) for
load balancing.

tomcat run -f conf\server1.xml (for port 8001)
tomcat run -f conf\server1.xml (for port 8002)

when I go to my home page http://localhost/examples; it's work well, but I
don't know which tomcat is used for loading this page.
If I have 20 request to this page, how I can check that the load balancing
work properly? at least 10 request per JVM.

Thanks for help

   (__/)  .~    ~. ))
   /O O  ./      .'                Nassereddine Sabeur
  {O__,   \    {                   Department of computer Science
    / .  . )    \                  University of Montreal
    |-| '-' \    } ))              Voice: (514) 738 3681
   .(   _(   )_.'                  Paget: (514) 854 2852
  '---.~_ _ _&                     Email: sabeur@iro.umontreal.ca
                                   Http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~sabeur
Warning: squirrels.

                " The reasonable man tries to adapt himself to the world
                  as he find it; the unreasonable man tries to adapt the
                  world to himself.
                Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man "

                                                Shaw