Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Strichartz, Beth" <BS...@sovereignbank.com> on 2001/12/06 18:06:29 UTC

Gobal Forward Confusion..

I am confused.
If anyone can clear this up for me, I would appreciate it.
I have a global forward to an action that will load my form before
displaying the jps.

If I put the following in another jsp:
or in the url type:

http://localhost/middleware/customerMaintenance/search.do
or
http://localhost/middleware/customerMaintenance/search

I get a message on the webserver "No Mapping available for Path
"customerMaintenance/search"

Am I not understanding Teds Catalog with the gloab forward entry points
correctly?
I also tried changing the path to "/do/....
But, my web.xml has
	<servlet-mapping>
	<servlet-name>ControllerServlet</servlet-name>
    	<url-pattern>*.do</url-pattern>
	</servlet-mapping>

  <!-- ========== Globals Definitions ============================== -->
<global-forwards>
    <forward   name="success"   path="/success.html" />
    <forward   name="failed"    path="/failed.html" />
    <forward   name="customerMaintenance/search"
path="/customerSearch/LoadCustomerSearchAction.do" />

  </global-forwards>

  <!-- ========== Action Mapping Definitions ==============================
-->
  <action-mappings>

    <action    path="/customerSearch/LoadCustomerSearchAction"

type="com.sovereign.middleware.web.actionobjects.customerSearch.LoadCustomer
SearchAction"
               name="CustomerSearchForm"
               scope="session"
               validate="false">
        <forward name="failure" path="/failed.html"/>
        <forward name="success" path="/customerSearch/CustomerSearch.jsp"/>
    </action>

Unless you are the addressee  (or authorized to receive for the addressee),
you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information
contained in the message.  If you have received the message in error, please
advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete or destroy the message.

Thank you.