Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jim Henderson <jg...@metafile.com> on 2005/04/08 18:07:24 UTC

Java to WSDL documentation

Question: Is there a Java to WSDL documentation tool?

I have not used SOAP much at all, is there a tool that will generate WSDL
documentation that is generated from the original Java classes used to
produce the WSDL?  I did some axis-user archive searching and most of the
posts are rather dated, so I am hoping for a new encouraging answer ;)

In other words, if I publish my WSDL is there some means that the user of
the WSDL can locate usage documentation through a reference in the WSDL?
And, I hope there is some automated process that will produce the
documentation from the Java classes I used to build the WSDL.

Possibly a tool which inserts the WSDL <documentation> tag the Java Doc text
that is defined in the Java classes?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jim