Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Mubarak Seyed <mu...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/16 00:29:38 UTC

How to change the RF and repair

 Just want to verify with group that what i am doing wrt RF is correct.

1. Nodes were running with RF=2
2. Stopped all the nodes, changed the RF to 4
3. Started all the nodes, verify the cluster ring using nodetool, all the
nodes are part of cluster
4. Ran nodetool repair on all the nodes
5. Ran nodetool tpstats on all the nodes to verify AE-SERVICE-STAGE is
completed and made sure that AE-SERVICE-STAGE is not active
6. Ran nodetool streams on all the nodes, made sure that streams are not
active

Can someone please correct me, if any of the above steps are wrong.

Mubarak Seyed.

Re: How to change the RF and repair

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 5:29 PM, Mubarak Seyed <mu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Just want to verify with group that what i am doing wrt RF is correct.
> 1. Nodes were running with RF=2
> 2. Stopped all the nodes, changed the RF to 4
> 3. Started all the nodes, verify the cluster ring using nodetool, all the
> nodes are part of cluster

> 4. Ran nodetool repair on all the nodes
> 5. Ran nodetool tpstats on all the nodes to verify AE-SERVICE-STAGE is
> completed and made sure that AE-SERVICE-STAGE is not active
> 6. Ran nodetool streams on all the nodes, made sure that streams are not
> active

you need to do 4-6 one node at a time in 0.6.  (you can do it on all
at once in 0.7)

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra