Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lars Nielsen Lind <mo...@worldonline.dk> on 2003/08/26 21:17:41 UTC

Dynamically update server.xml & httpd.conf

Hi.

Is it possible to update and implement changes in server.xml and httpd.conf while Apache/Tomcat is running?

I want to be able to add 'sites' to my server without restarting Apache/Tomcat.

Are there other solutions?

Lars Nielsen Lind

Re: Dynamically update server.xml & httpd.conf

Posted by Fred Kreek <f....@amc.uva.nl>.
At 21:22 26/08/03, you wrote:

>Tomcat 4 = no
>Tomcat 5 = I believe so
>Apache = yes ($APACHE_HOME/bin/apachectl graceful OR
>$APACHE_HOME/bin/apachectl restart)
>
>John
>
>Lars Nielsen Lind wrote:
>
>>Hi.
>>Is it possible to update and implement changes in server.xml and
>>httpd.conf while Apache/Tomcat is running?
>>I want to be able to add 'sites' to my server without restarting
>>Apache/Tomcat.
>>Are there other solutions?
>>
>>Lars Nielsen Lind

In tomcat4 (i dunno other versions) you can dynamicly add and remove war
files, with webapps etc. If you set the options unpackWars="false"
autoDeploy="true" liveDeploy="true" these war files are automagicly updated
when you replace them. Also consider using the manager.

Fred

--
F. Kreek
Kamer J2-278                               e-mail: f.kreek@amc.uva.nl

"There are 10 types of people when it comes to binary, those that
understand it.. and those who don't."

Re: Dynamically update server.xml & httpd.conf

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
Tomcat 4 = no