Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Phil <pl...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/10 18:05:37 UTC

Fedora Core 5

I am going to install a new Subversion server.
Has anyone installed it on Fedora Core 5? Any issues that you know of?

Thanks.

Re: Fedora Core 5

Posted by Russ <rs...@istandfor.com>.
I haven't tried it in vmware yet, but I have it running on a dell 420sc with no issues.  It even has the subversion package, which I just updated to 1.3.1, although I am not using that server for subversion.  It makes one hell of a desktop though.

I have it running the latest free vmware server, with almost no issues.

Russ
Sent wirelessly via BlackBerry from T-Mobile.

    I tried to install in on a VMware 4.5 and 5.0 systems and the installation did not find the hard disk. Where FC4 works fine. I also tried to do an upgrade with the same results. I still have not tried on a PC hardware yet.

Frank Reiss

Posted by Ron Bieber <ro...@bieberlabs.com>.
Sorry, I sent the wrong link.    The link I should have referenced was here.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=395388&start=15&

The relevant text from the post is " Actually, lots of people have got past
that point and discussed other things about FC5 VMs - see
here<http://www.vmware.com/community/search.jspa?objID=f19&q=fc5>.
So, it' s likely some kind of issue specific to your environment. Use a
virtual IDE drive - always the most compatible with any guest OS, and the
type of virtual drive has no impact on performance (since it's virtual)."

I changed the drive type to an IDE and have Fedora Core 5 running in VMWare
5.5.

Sorry for the confusion.

-- Ron

--