Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/15 12:20:29 UTC

Qpid-Java-Cpp-Test failing (timing out) for last 5 days

Hi all

I notice that the Java Client/CPP Broker job on Jenkins began to fail
(timeout) 5 days ago and has timed out in the same place
(AddressBasedDestinationTest) on every build since .  Normally the job
completes successfully.   The commit that triggered the build suggests that
this was caused by a CPP Broker change.

The first failure was:

https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Qpid/job/Qpid-Java-Cpp-Test/902/

HTH, Keith

Re: Qpid-Java-Cpp-Test failing (timing out) for last 5 days

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Gordon if the original commit was included in RC3, then we should
backport your fix as well.

Rajith

Posted by Keith Wall <ke...@gmail.com>.
We'll look into testIteratingFeature failure,  it is actual a test testing a perf test framework, so should not be considered a blocked for the release.  It has no relation to the cpp broker.

Thanks, Keith.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 08/15/2012 04:11 PM, Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 08/15/2012 12:07 PM, Gordon Sim wrote:
>> On 08/15/2012 11:20 AM, Keith W wrote:
>>> I notice that the Java Client/CPP Broker job on Jenkins began to fail
>>> (timeout) 5 days ago and has timed out in the same place
>>> (AddressBasedDestinationTest) on every build since .  Normally the job
>>> completes successfully.   The commit that triggered the build suggests
>>> that
>>> this was caused by a CPP Broker change.
>>
>> Very plausible! I will take a look...
>
> I've checked in a fix for the hang (bug causing no-local to be turned on
> when it wasn't supposed to be).
>
> I am however seeing a failure in
> org.apache.qpid.systest.disttest.controllerandclient.ControllerAndClientTest.testIteratingFeature
>

> But its not clear to me what the problem is. The controller reports
> missing responses:
>
> Testcase: testIteratingFeature took 10.93 sec
>      Caused an ERROR
> After 10000ms ... Timed out waiting for command responses ... Expecting
> 2 more responses.
> org.apache.qpid.disttest.DistributedTestException: After 10000ms ...
> Timed out waiting for command responses ... Expecting 2 more responses.
>
> and indeed I can see on one connection, command messages are sent out
> for CREATE_CONNECTION, CREATE_SESSION and CREATE_CONSUMER, but only a
> RESPONSE for the first is received back (and then forwarded on to the
> controller).
>
> I can't see any errors elsewhere, but perhaps I'm not looking in all the
> right places. Any ideas?

Seems to pass (or get skipped?) under jenkins...

Re: Qpid-Java-Cpp-Test failing (timing out) for last 5 days

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 08/15/2012 11:20 AM, Keith W wrote:
> I notice that the Java Client/CPP Broker job on Jenkins began to fail
> (timeout) 5 days ago and has timed out in the same place
> (AddressBasedDestinationTest) on every build since .  Normally the job
> completes successfully.   The commit that triggered the build suggests that
> this was caused by a CPP Broker change.

Very plausible! I will take a look...

> The first failure was:
>
> https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Qpid/job/Qpid-Java-Cpp-Test/902/

Thanks!

Re: Qpid-Java-Cpp-Test failing (timing out) for last 5 days

Posted by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com>.
>> Did you guys receive any emails indicating the failures ?
>> For some reason I didn't. Maybe I accidentally deleted them.
> The job was timing out, rather than failing.  I'll check the Jenkins
options and see how these are handled.

I've ticked the "fail the build" on timeout option on all our Jenkin jobs.
My excpectation is that this will cause a notification to be sent to
notifications@.. if the job ever times-out, as it did in this case and
should me we are all alerted sooner.