Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Daniel Quaroni <dq...@kayak.com> on 2008/01/08 01:42:09 UTC

Class org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger does not implement Log

Hello.  I looked in the wiki and found that it asked me to post to this list
so that I can run some diagnostic code to determine the cause of this
error.  I'm trying to run ant to build some code that's new to me.

I'd be happy to do just about anything that will fix this problem, so please
let me know. :-)

Dan Q

Re: Class org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger does not implement Log

Posted by Rodrigo Canabrava <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hello Daniel,

I think you have more than one commons-logging.jar in you classpath. Try to
check that.
In your case, if I understand correctly, you are having the problem while
running ant. In this case, you should check
- the %ANT_HOME%\lib directory (ant-commons-logging should be in there,
commons-logging , not)
- CLASSPATH variable may be set, and including a commons-logging.jar
- you may have two versions of commons-logging.jar and your ant script may
be including both in the classpath for compiling. Try to find them in your
build structure.

Rodrigo