Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Lewis, Eric" <Er...@ipi.ch> on 2009/09/16 17:11:46 UTC

How to specify a plugin version from the command line?

Hi

I'm setting the exact versions for all Maven plugins in our company-wide parent POM.
However, that doesn't help when I'm using the command line.
So how can I force Maven to use a certain version of a plugin?

Best regards,
Eric

Re: AW: How to specify a plugin version from the command line?

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@gmail.com>.
Or create a default pom in your home directory and call 'mvn -F
~/pom.xml' or put this in a script.

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk
~Java Developer~

IPROFS BV.
Claus Sluterweg 125
2012 WS Haarlem
http://www.iprofs.nl

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

AW: AW: How to specify a plugin version from the command line?

Posted by "Lewis, Eric" <Er...@ipi.ch>.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Lewis, Eric" <Er...@ipi.ch>.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Lewis, Eric" <Er...@ipi.ch>.
Hmmm...

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
try [1.0,2.0)

version 1.0 <= x < 2.0 inclusive

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Dependency+Mediation+and+Conflict+Resolution#DependencyMediationandConflictResolution-DependencyVersionRanges

Martin Gainty

> From: Eric.Lewis@ipi.ch
> To: users@maven.apache.org
> Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 17:25:33 +0200
> Subject: AW: How to specify a plugin version from the command line?
>
> Hi Martin
>
> Thanks, that works.
>
> However, it's not really elegant  ;-)
>
> Is there a way to nail the plugin versions somewhere in the configuration? If possible with version ranges, like [2.3)
>
> Best regards,
> Eric

Ready for Fall shows? Use Bing to find helpful ratings and reviews on digital tv's.
http://www.bing.com/shopping/search?q=digital+tv's&form=MSHNCB&publ=WLHMTAG&crea=TEXT_MSHNCB_Vertical_Shopping_DigitalTVs_1x1

AW: How to specify a plugin version from the command line?

Posted by "Lewis, Eric" <Er...@ipi.ch>.
Hi Martin

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Eric