Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> on 2006/10/13 23:28:28 UTC

"Offline" mode

I've added the Maven-based dependency support to the standalone
runtime as Meeraj described and it seems to work well. Ant's tested
with the JavaScript sample and we are able to run that just by
copying the container extension to the the "extensions" directory.

One thing we've noticed is that maven is quite verbose, pooping lots
of [INFO] messages to stdout about trying to download SNAPSHOTs. That
will go away when we release as we won't have SNAPSHOT dependencies
but I think it's worth adding a "offline" mode to the runtime anyway.

I'll add support to the launcher command for a "-o" option and to
TuscanyContextListener to support an webapp parameter.
--
Jeremy

Re: "Offline" mode

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
I added this (using -Doffline for the launcher for now) but I have
not figured out how to make the embedded Maven instance use it yet.
--
Jeremy