Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "Vanderdray, Jake" <JV...@aarp.org> on 2005/09/12 16:57:10 UTC

Recommended Links

	I'm looking for suggestions/pointers for how to do this:  We'd
like the ability to recommend certain pages when users search for
specific words.  For instance we have a whole section on Medicare and if
someone searches for the word Medicare, we'd like to recommend they
start there even if that home page wouldn't necessarily be the top
result by default (same for Social Security, etc.).

	Without knowing a great deal about Lucene or Nutch one thought I
had was to add a meta-data field to pages like our Medicare home page
specifying what keywords it should be a recommendation for.  Then have
all our searches include a weighting for that meta-data field.  Is there
a better way to approach this or does something of the sort already
exist?

Thanks,
Jake.

Re: Recommended Links

Posted by EM <em...@cpuedge.com>.
I don't know if the following is a better idea, but here it goes:

You'll have to modify search.jsp to take the query and see if it matched
to any of your keywords in the database.
This will slower your results a bit (since you'll have to search again
for you keyword and retrieve the recomendations from the database,
compare them and etc) but it sounds simpler than adding index-more.

Good luck!