Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bryan Zimmer <ba...@baz-tech.com> on 2002/07/10 00:19:59 UTC

Port 8080

Greetings,

I am running Tomcat version 4.0.4 with Apache 1.3.26.

Before I installed version 4.0.4, I had no trouble accessing my tomcat
applications, by saying, for example:

mozilla http://my.server.name/examples

This would bring up the $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/examples application
directory, from which I could choose JSP examples or servlets. I could also
do the same with my self-written JSP's, which resided in the directory
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/baz-jsp.

In that case I could say:

netscape http://my.server.name/baz-jsp

and get to the index.html of that directory.

Now, and perhaps I've installed correctly because this was supposed to work
before, and didn't:

mozilla (or netscape or whatever) http://my.server.name:8080/baz-jsp
(or http://my.server.name:8080/examples)

My question is, how can I get regular port 80 access so the client doesn't
need to specify port 8080 and tomcat is integrated seamlessly with Apache?

Is it something simple, like jus adjusting the port number in server.xml? I
have had some many configuration trials I haven't even tried this. I don't
want to mess up Tomcat-Apache.

Can anyone tell me how to do this? Any advice much appreciated.

I am running with mod_webapp.so, by the way.

Thanks,

Bryan A. Zimmer
baz@baz-tech.com

Re: Port 8080