Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Thomas Riemer <to...@58k.com> on 2001/08/03 21:34:50 UTC

response.encodeURL

I've run into what I think is a bug on HttpServletResponse.encodeURL.

I've setup tomcat so that it turns OFF cookies.

And I have my login working nicely with jsessionid, etc.

Here's the problem:

I am trying to pass a parameter to my url using a get post.

<A HREF="<%
response.encodeURL("/customer/secure/cgi-person.jsp?custid=1")
%>Customer 1</A>

What is returned to the browser is:
<A
HREF="/customer/secure/cgi-person.jsp;jsessionid=8hvj345x?custid=1">Customer
1</A>

This seems wrong to me!!!
In my brain, I am expecting:
<A
HREF="/customer/secure/cgi-person.jsp?custid=1;jsessionid=8hvj345x">Customer
1</A>

(In other words, sessionid tacked onto the end of the url)
The server does not know how to handle this URL correctly.

I'm using tomcat 3.3 m4

Am I simply missing a concept?  My guess is that this problem has not
showed up because no
one has tried to use session handling with GET posts without cookies
turned on.

Anyone have any comments/fixes on this?   Does anyone know if this has
been fixed in a later release?

-Tom

RE: response.encodeURL

Posted by Marc Saegesser <ma...@apropos.com>.
The URL you're seeing with the query string after the session id is correct.
This works fine in Tomcat 3.2.x and should also work in 3.3.

Marc Saegesser