Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Praveen Yarlagadda <pr...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/18 05:09:53 UTC

Hadoop Eclipse Plugin

Hi,

I have a problem configuring Hadoop Map/Reduce plugin with Eclipse.

Setup Details:

I have a namenode, a jobtracker and two data nodes, all running on ubuntu.
My set up works fine with example programs. I want to connect to this setup
from eclipse.

namenode - 10.20.104.62 - 54310(port)
jobtracker - 10.20.104.53 - 54311(port)

I run eclipse on a different windows m/c. I want to configure map/reduce
plugin
with eclipse, so that I can access HDFS from windows.

Map/Reduce master
Host - With jobtracker IP, it did not work
Port - With jobtracker port, it did not work

DFS master
Host - With namenode IP, It did not work
Port - With namenode port, it did not work

I tried other combination too by giving namenode details for Map/Reduce
master
and jobtracker details for DFS master. It did not work either.

If anyone has configured plugin with eclipse, please let me know. Even the
pointers
to how to configure it will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Praveen

Re: Hadoop Eclipse Plugin

Posted by Praveen Yarlagadda <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thank you for your response. netstat and telnet commands executed fine, but
couldn't connect to them through eclipse. I doubt something wrong with the
eclipse plugin.

Do you know any other development environments people use to develop
map/reduce applications?

Regards,
Praveen

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 2:49 AM, Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> wrote:

> Praveen Yarlagadda wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a problem configuring Hadoop Map/Reduce plugin with Eclipse.
>>
>> Setup Details:
>>
>> I have a namenode, a jobtracker and two data nodes, all running on ubuntu.
>> My set up works fine with example programs. I want to connect to this
>> setup
>> from eclipse.
>>
>> namenode - 10.20.104.62 - 54310(port)
>> jobtracker - 10.20.104.53 - 54311(port)
>>
>> I run eclipse on a different windows m/c. I want to configure map/reduce
>> plugin
>> with eclipse, so that I can access HDFS from windows.
>>
>> Map/Reduce master
>> Host - With jobtracker IP, it did not work
>> Port - With jobtracker port, it did not work
>>
>> DFS master
>> Host - With namenode IP, It did not work
>> Port - With namenode port, it did not work
>>
>> I tried other combination too by giving namenode details for Map/Reduce
>> master
>> and jobtracker details for DFS master. It did not work either.
>>

> 1. check the ports really are open by doing a netstat -a -p on the namenode
> and job tracker ,
> netstat -a -p | grep 54310 on the NN
> netstat -a -p | grep 54311 on the JT
>
> 2l Then, from the windows machine, see if you can connect to them oustide
> ecipse
>
> telnet 10.20.104.62  54310
> telnet 10.20.104.53 - 54311
>
> If you can't connect, then firewalls are interfering
>
> If everything works, the problem is in the eclipse plugin (which I don't
> use, and cannot assist with)
>
> --
> Steve Loughran                  http://www.1060.org/blogxter/publish/5
> Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/

Praveen

Re: Hadoop Eclipse Plugin

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/

Re: Hadoop Eclipse Plugin

Posted by Rajeev Gupta <gr...@in.ibm.com>.
You need to give
1) Map/reduce Master Host : Host where mapred.sh is running.
2)Map/reduce Master port: 19001 (see hadoop-site.xml file)
3)DFS master: Host where your start-dfs.sh is running
 4) DFS master port: 19000

These parameters will be sufficient to access HDFS. You may need to setup
some advanced parameters to give permissions to Window's user on hosts
where hadoop is running.

Thanks and regards.
-Rajeev Gupta

             Praveen
             Yarlagadda
             <praveen.yarlagad                                          To
             da@gmail.com>             core-user@hadoop.apache.org
                                                                        cc
             06/18/2009 08:39
                                       Hadoop Eclipse Plugin