Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/03 04:19:56 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kafka Release 0.8.0 - Candidate 1

Thanks for preparing the release. Is the binary release compiled with java
7? Got the following error using a java 6 runtime.

bin/kafka-console-consumer.sh --zookeeper localhost:2181 --topic test
--from-beginning
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
kafka/javaapi/consumer/ConsumerConnector : Unsupported major.minor version
51.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
at kafka.consumer.ConsoleConsumer$.main(ConsoleConsumer.scala:178)
at kafka.consumer.ConsoleConsumer.main(ConsoleConsumer.scala)

Should we release the binary in java 6 or java 7?

Jun

Posted by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly>.
I upgraded recently and forgot.  We should stick with 6 that was my bad.

let's cancel the vote and I will redo with Java 6 hopefully later today/tonight or tomorrow and call rc2 vote