Posted to dev@ponymail.apache.org by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org> on 2019/03/22 12:18:19 UTC

Errors with ES 5.x

Hi all, I am moving an existing Ponymail deployment onto a new server.

I initially tried with ES 6.x, but I wasn't able to update index
creation correctly, so I reverted to ES 5.x, with which everything seems
to work except for the following.

When running

python3 edit-list.py --delete --source "idal2.tirasa.net"

I receive the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "edit-list.py", line 180, in
<module> terms File "/var/www/ponymail-src/tools/elastic.py", line 96,
in search **kwargs File
"/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/elasticsearch/client/utils.py",
line 76, in _wrapped return func(*args, params=params, **kwargs) File
"/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/elasticsearch/client/__init__.py",
line 660, in search doc_type, '_search'), params=params, body=body) File
"/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/elasticsearch/transport.py",
line 318, in perform_request status, headers_response, data =
connection.perform_request(method, url, params, body, headers=headers,
ignore=ignore, timeout=timeout) File
"/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/elasticsearch/connection/http_urllib3.py",
line 186, in perform_request self._raise_error(response.status,
raw_data) File
"/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/elasticsearch/connection/base.py",
line 125, in _raise_error raise HTTP_EXCEPTIONS.get(status_code,
TransportError)(status_code, error_message, additional_info)
elasticsearch.exceptions.RequestError: RequestError(400,
'illegal_argument_exception', 'No search type for [scan]')

After a quick chat on IRC, it seems that the scan method was deprecated
/ removed after 2.x, and then some maintenance is needed to make the
above work with ES > 2.x

Moreover: are there plans to be compatible with ES 6.x?

TIA Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence