Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Yordan Kostov <Yo...@NSOGROUP.COM> on 2021/05/13 12:58:08 UTC

alternative Active directory config?

Hey everyone,

                In 4.15 it seems there is no LDAP config button in the new GUI or the old GUI, so after LDAP sources are pointed and global config is set there is no way to actually pin groups to accounts.

  *   New https://imgur.com/K4fN2Ax
  *   Old https://imgur.com/WuAvq4N

I was wondering if there is an alternative way to configure LDAP accounts?

Best regards,
Jordan

RE: alternative Active directory config?

Posted by Yordan Kostov <Yo...@NSOGROUP.COM>.
Hi David,

	I added LDAP servers as well as some configuration in Global settings but nothing appeared after relogging to the system.
	Reboot of management did not help either. This is on CS 4.15.
	Any tips on how to verify LDAP is being connected properly? May be that is the cause?

Best regards,
Jordan

[X] This message came from outside your organization

Hi Yordan,

LDAP is enabled in the UI, it'll show up after you add an LDAP server under Configurations -> LDAP Configurations. Once you've added it log out and log back in again. You'll then be able to add LDAP users in the accounts section ________________________________

Posted by David Jumani <Da...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Yordan,

________________________________

Posted by Yordan Kostov <Yo...@NSOGROUP.COM>.
I figured it out.

Regards,
Jordan

[X] This message came from outside your organization

Hey everyone,

        Is there a CLI command that can query LDAP/active directory configuration?
        For example to list all users that ACS see based on the current config?

Best regards,
Jordan

[X] This message came from outside your organization

Thank you Nicolas,

        I am on it!

Regards,
Jordan

Posted by Yordan Kostov <Yo...@NSOGROUP.COM>.
Thank you Nicolas,

	I am on it!

Regards,
Jordan

Posted by Nicolas Vazquez <Ni...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Yordan,

Indeed, that seems missing in the new UI, but you can still configure LDAP accounts through the API. For example by installing CloudMonkey https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-cloudmonkey/wiki you could invoke the ldapCreateAccount API

Regards,

Nicolas Vazquez