Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by ma...@tcs.com on 2008/01/10 16:51:29 UTC

High Availability

Hello folks,

I am wondering what to do to make JackRabbit a good fit for a high
availability requirement. And we all know that high availability is
synonym for clusters!

Has anyone ever tried to do that? Please share your experience.

Here is what I'm thinking. Tell me if I'm just crazy, make perfect sense,
or don't get it :)

- Implement my application using the transaction option
- Having a database backend to store the data
- Have a load-balancing platform that will redirect the requests as needed
or an ESB

What about the WedDav part? Can we cluster WebDav like any other HTTP
traffic?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Marc-Andre Laverdiere-Papineau
Tata Consultancy Services