Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Stephen Ingram <sb...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/16 05:04:24 UTC

standalone demo stops working three days after install

I installed the standalone version on CentOS 7 and it worked great right
away out of the box. I logged in and setup a connection to an Active
Directory to test. Again, everything worked great. Then I had to turn my
attention to another portion of the setup for a few days and now when I go
back and try to bring up the login page I receive a 500 error. Very strange
since I haven't touched it (and it's blocked from any Internet connection)
for three days. It almost seems like there are jobs setup on that version
that run and maybe I didn't attend to something I should have? I see
strange errors like:

15-Jul-2020 16:11:15.086 SEVERE [http-nio-9080-exec-7]
org.apache.catalina.core.
StandardWrapperValve.invoke Servlet.service() for servlet [default] in
context w
ith path [/syncope-console] threw exception
        org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: Unable to instantiate web
sess
ion class org.apache.syncope.client.console.SyncopeConsoleSession
...snip...
Caused by: javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Remote exception with status
code: NOT_FOUND

15-Jul-2020 20:57:46.645 SEVERE [main]
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoa
derBase.checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks The web application [syncope-console]
create
d a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value
[java.lang.Threa
dLocal@579eef08]) and a value of type [org.apache.cxf.BusFactory.BusHolder]
(val
ue [org.apache.cxf.BusFactory$BusHolder@5f8a2e47]) but failed to remove it
when
the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time
to tr
y and avoid a probable memory leak.

I've never seen a webapp like this sort of self-destruct. It was running so
perfect and so fast before. Is it just designed to run for a short bit and
I should proceed with standing up a production version? I didn't reset the
admin password or anything like that since it was a non-Internet facing
machine.

Steve

Re: standalone demo stops working three days after install

Posted by "Rosa, Fabio" <fa...@forcepoint.com>.
unsubscribe

--
Fabio Rosa
NAM CSE | Dynamic Edge Protection

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 16/07/20 07:04, Stephen Ingram wrote:
> I installed the standalone version on CentOS 7 and it worked great right away out of the box. I logged in and setup a connection to an Active Directory to test. Again, everything worked great. Then I had to turn my attention to another portion of the setup for a few days and now when I go back and try to bring up the login page I receive a 500 error. Very strange since I haven't touched it (and it's blocked from any Internet connection) for three days. It almost seems like there are jobs setup on that version that run and maybe I didn't attend to something I should have? I see strange errors like:
>
> 15-Jul-2020 16:11:15.086 SEVERE [http-nio-9080-exec-7] org.apache.catalina.core.
> StandardWrapperValve.invoke Servlet.service() for servlet [default] in context w
> ith path [/syncope-console] threw exception
>         org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: Unable to instantiate web sess
> ion class org.apache.syncope.client.console.SyncopeConsoleSession
> ...snip...
> Caused by: javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Remote exception with status code: NOT_FOUND
>
> 15-Jul-2020 20:57:46.645 SEVERE [main] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoa
> derBase.checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks The web application [syncope-console] create
> d a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.Threa
> dLocal@579eef08]) and a value of type [org.apache.cxf.BusFactory.BusHolder] (val
> ue [org.apache.cxf.BusFactory$BusHolder@5f8a2e47]) but failed to remove it when
> the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to tr
> y and avoid a probable memory leak.
>
> I've never seen a webapp like this sort of self-destruct. It was running so perfect and so fast before. Is it just designed to run for a short bit and I should proceed with standing up a production version? I didn't reset the admin password or anything like that since it was a non-Internet facing machine.
>
> Steve

Hi,
I can assure there is nothing such a "self-destroy timer" sitting inside the Standalone distribution :-)

Something else must have happened, especially the second message above indicate that a webapp was shutting down.

About Standalone in general, let me stress out what reported by the Getting Started guide:

https://ci.apache.org/projects/syncope/2_1_X/getting-started.html#standalone

Standalone is for product evaluation, not meant for any production environment for several reasons, including the in-memory configuration for persistence: this implies that any configuration made or user created are cleared out when Tomcat is shut down.

Debian, Docker and especially Maven are recommended for production.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence