Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by sh_santosh <sa...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/05 12:34:47 UTC

[users@httpd] HttpURLConnection - java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

Dear all,

   I am usging Apache-Tomcat 5.5.20 and Axis 1.2 RC.
I am invoking the web services method by my java client program.

In SoapBindingImpl class i have written a Implementation method
sendAndReceive().
sendAndReceive method code is --

    public String sendAndReceive(String sRequest, String sMode)
    {

	StringBuffer sbResponse = new StringBuffer();
	URL url = null;

	try
	{
		sbResponse = new StringBuffer();
		String _sServerURL =_sLocalServerPath;
            	url = new URL(_sServerURL+"/wsTestServiceServlet");  //Servlet
- where business Implementation code is written.
            	HttpURLConnection conn =
(HttpURLConnection)url.openConnection();    //
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection {rt.jar}
            	conn.setRequestMethod("POST");
            	conn.setDoOutput(true);
            	conn.setDoInput(true);

            	PrintStream outStream = new
PrintStream(conn.getOutputStream());            ==> java:140 from Exception
stack
            	outStream.print("request="+URLEncoder.encode(sRequest));
            	outStream.print("&BIZ_ACTION_MODE=" +sMode);
            	outStream.close();

		BufferedReader rd = new BufferedReader(new
InputStreamReader(conn.getInputStream()));

		String line;

		while ((line = rd.readLine()) != null)
		{
			sbResponse.append(line);
		}

		rd.close();

	} catch (MalformedURLException e)
	{
		sbResponse.setLength(0);
		sbResponse.append(e.getMessage());
		e.printStackTrace();
	} catch (IOException e)
	{
		e.printStackTrace();
		sbResponse.setLength(0);
		sbResponse.append(e.getMessage());
	}

	return sbResponse.toString();

    }

>From this method i am getting Connection Time out Exception.
On this line program is hanged :
PrintStream outStream = new PrintStream(conn.getOutputStream());

Please see Exception ==

java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out
        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
        at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:157)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:365)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:477)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:214)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:287)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:299)

        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(HttpURLConnection.java:796)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(HttpURLConnection.java:748)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.java:673)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getOutputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:840)
        at
webservices.wsHotelEngine.WssearchdetailsSoapBindingImpl.sendAndReceive(WssearchdetailsSoapBindingImpl.java:198)
        at
webservices.wsHotelEngine.WsseardetailsSoapBindingImpl.getHotelDetailsXML(WssearchdetailsSoapBindingImpl.java:43)
        at
webservices.wsHotelEngine.WssearchdetailsSoapBindingSkeleton.getHotelDetailsXML(WssearchdetailsSoapBindingSkeleton.java:140)

        at
        at
        at
org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCProvider.java:384)
        at
org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java:281)
        at
org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:319)
        at
org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
        at
org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:450)
        at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:285)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:653)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:301)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
        at
        at
org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:199)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:282)
        at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:767)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:697)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:889)
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Problem is something related to HttpURLConnection with getOutputStream() and
getInputStream() ..

Or it is due to some configuration of Tomcat.

I am not able to figure it out what adjactly  the Problem is.

1. is it due to HttpURLConnection with getOutputStream() and
getInputStream().
2. is it due to wsTestServiceServlet Servlet ==> ( url = new
URL(_sServerURL+"/wsTestServiceServlet");)
3. is it due to some configuration file in Tomcat.
4. As i am thinking it's not a Axis problem.

please help me out...............

Regards
Santosh Kumar Sharma

Re: [users@httpd] HttpURLConnection - java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

Posted by Vincent Bray <no...@gmail.com>.
On 05/12/2007, sh_santosh <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>    I am usging Apache-Tomcat 5.5.20 and Axis 1.2 RC.
> I am invoking the web services method by my java client program.

Hi,

This list is for user support of the Apache HTTPD project, not Tomcat or Axis.

Try one of these lists instead:

http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html#tomcat-users
http://ws.apache.org/axis/mail.html

--
noodl

RE: [users@httpd] HttpURLConnection - java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

Posted by sh_santosh <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

the problem is solved. how see below -

in sendAndReceive method Previous code was

= String _sServerURL ="http://staging.stemp.com/tempgo1";
url = new URL(_sServerURL+"/wsTestServiceServlet"); //Servlet- where
business Implementation code is written.

New code in sendAndReceive method -

just i have changed the url - http://staging.stemp.com/tempgo1/ to
http://localhost:8080/tempgo1/
and it started working.

it's change in url to localhost:8080 only...................

so, what is the problem ? can any body explain ????

Thank you for Help

Posted by sh_santosh <sa...@gmail.com>.