Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Pavan Kumar Polineni <sm...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/19 08:38:50 UTC

How to fail the Name Node or how to crash the Name Node for testing Purpose.

For Testing The Name Node Crashes and failures. For Single Point of Failure

--
 Pavan Kumar Polineni

Re: How to fail the Name Node or how to crash the Name Node for testing Purpose.

Posted by Pramod N <np...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Following might help.

Less(rather minimal) jvm heap size for NN.

Create many small files with increased replication factor(more information
for NN to store in memory)

keep only one name node directory for storing meta data(less diskspace will
trigger the process E.g mount a tiny disk and point that as NN directory in
the config)

Kill the NN process

Pramod N <http://atmachinelearner.blogspot.in>
Bruce Wayne of web
@machinelearner <https://twitter.com/machinelearner>

Posted by Pramod N <np...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Pramod N <np...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Pramod N <np...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Pavan Kumar Polineni <sm...@gmail.com>.
hi Nitin,

Posted by Pavan Kumar Polineni <sm...@gmail.com>.
hi Nitin,

Posted by Pavan Kumar Polineni <sm...@gmail.com>.
hi Nitin,

Posted by Pavan Kumar Polineni <sm...@gmail.com>.
hi Nitin,

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
If I understand correctly,

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: How to fail the Name Node or how to crash the Name Node for testing Purpose.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
If I understand correctly,

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: How to fail the Name Node or how to crash the Name Node for testing Purpose.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
If I understand correctly,

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: How to fail the Name Node or how to crash the Name Node for testing Purpose.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
If I understand correctly,

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: How to fail the Name Node or how to crash the Name Node for testing Purpose.

Posted by Pavan Kumar Polineni <sm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Manoj,

Posted by Pavan Kumar Polineni <sm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Manoj,

Posted by Pavan Kumar Polineni <sm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Manoj,

Posted by Pavan Kumar Polineni <sm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Manoj,

Posted by Manoj S <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Manoj S <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Manoj S <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Manoj S <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pavan Kumar Polineni <sm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pavan Kumar Polineni <sm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pavan Kumar Polineni <sm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pavan Kumar Polineni <sm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
hey Pavan,

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
hey Pavan,

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
hey Pavan,

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
hey Pavan,

Posted by Pavan Kumar Polineni <sm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pavan Kumar Polineni <sm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pavan Kumar Polineni <sm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pavan Kumar Polineni <sm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
are you testing it for HA?

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: How to fail the Name Node or how to crash the Name Node for testing Purpose.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
or "kill -9 namenode_pid" to simulate NN crashed.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
are you testing it for HA?

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: How to fail the Name Node or how to crash the Name Node for testing Purpose.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
are you testing it for HA?

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: How to fail the Name Node or how to crash the Name Node for testing Purpose.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
are you testing it for HA?