Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Jean Cabanac <je...@yahoo.com> on 2008/04/06 20:32:56 UTC

James email triggers / event driven emails

Hi all,

  I would like to know these items regarding James:

  1- how do I enable such that I can take the contents of an incoming email (body subject and attachment(s) and pass them in real time to another program in perl OR how do I take the contents and post them to a URL ?  Please keep in mind I dont know java :)

  2- if the above is not possible then where does James store the actual email files, perhaps I can poll a directory for email existence, open it, and process the contents..

  Thank you !

  Jean

---------------------------------

Re: James email triggers / event driven emails

Posted by Magnus Olstad Hansen <ma...@rialtoforlag.no>.
Hi,

1 - Fully possible. Learn enough Java so that you can implement your own
Mailet and include that in your James setup. http://james.apache.org
gives you all the info you need on implementing your mailet.
Whatever method you want to use for communication with your PERL script,
you can probably find a way to implement it in Java. Google is your friend.

2 - You'll find that in your James config. Default is
apps/james/var/blahblah

Regards,
Magnus