Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Bayless Kirtley <bk...@cox.net> on 2020/05/13 14:03:53 UTC

What is GLib and GtkWidget?

I'm still getting multiple error messages whenever I run a Java project
under Netbeans 11.1 on Linux Mint 19.3, OpenJDK 8. These are samples of
the messages.

(java:3065): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: 08:52:31.588:
../../../../gobject/gsignal.c:1253: unable to lookup signal
"window-state-event" of unloaded type 'GtkWidget'

(java:3065): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 08:52:31.588:
g_signal_add_emission_hook: assertion 'signal_id > 0' failed

(java:3065): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: 08:52:33.532: invalid cast from
'GtkToplevelAccessible' to 'JawToplevel'

That last one repeats over and over. I have never knowingly used GLib,
GtkWidget or JawTopLevel. What is going on here?

Bayless

Re: What is GLib and GtkWidget?

Posted by Bayless Kirtley <bk...@cox.net>.
Thanks for the answer Neil. At least now I know to look elsewhere, maybe
reinstall Glib?

Bayless

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bayless Kirtley <bk...@cox.net>.
On googling, I find that  GTK is a tool kit that I have never
intentionally used for anything. It also relates to graphical interfaces
for C programs. My programs are all 100% Java, including any database
engines. Is this something that Netbeans secretly used at some time but
no longer supports? If so then how to I remove it from older code? It
doesn't seem logical for Netbeans updates to destroy working Java programs.

Bayless

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bayless Kirtley <bk...@cox.net>.

Posted by Bayless Kirtley <bk...@cox.net>.
Thanks to your suggestion Ty, I thin I have solved the problem. I
changed one old project to Java 11 and it still seems to run all right
and I don't get those errors. Apparently there is something missing or
messed up in Open JDK 8. I suspect the remaning projects will also be
all right with java 11 and will proceed along those lines.

Thanks Bayless

Posted by Bayless Kirtley <bk...@cox.net>.
Thanks for the education Ty. I now understand the Glib is necessary and
not something Netbeans has introduced. It does seem strange that the
programs still seem to run properly and display just fine. Maybe I'll
try to reinstall Glib then.

Posted by Ty Young <yo...@gmail.com>.