Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com> on 2011/08/15 08:50:43 UTC

How to specify a time zone for camel-quartz

I have previously been using the Quartz support in ServiceMix 3.x. In those
configurations we always specified the time zone as a separate property.
Since a while back we've migrated to Camel and thus use camel-quartz for
this. We currently use Camel 2.7.1.

However, I cannot see an option in camel-quartz to specify the time zone for
my cron expressions. It seems like a missing feature.
camel-quartz seems to use UTC  (not the local time zone) but I'm not 100%
sure on this. Anyway, it is very important to being able to specify a
timezone for the cron expression.

Does anyone know if this is supported?

/Bengt

Re: How to specify a time zone for camel-quartz

Posted by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>.

/Bengt

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>.
Claus,

I've now solved the problem by creating a String->TimeZone converter.

My converter looks like this:

*public class String2TimeZoneConverter implements TypeConverter {
>   @SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
>   public <T> T convertTo(Class<T> type, Object value) {
>     return (T) TimeZone.getTimeZone((String) value);
>   }
>   public <T> T convertTo(Class<T> type, Exchange exchange, Object value) {
>     return convertTo(type, value);
>   }
>   public <T> T mandatoryConvertTo(Class<T> type, Object value) {
>     return convertTo(type, value);
>   }
>   public <T> T mandatoryConvertTo(Class<T> type, Exchange exchange, Object
> value) {
>     return convertTo(type, value);
>   }
> }*