Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Mirko Froehlich <mf...@digitalchocolate.com> on 2004/11/17 20:25:37 UTC

Indexing / DASL without Lucene

I am slightly confused about Slide's search implementation. It appears
that Slide supports Lucene for indexing documents. I am using a file and
a JDBC store, neither of which defines an indexer (i.e. the
contentindexer element is commented out in my Domain.xml). Still,
performing a DASL search using the WebDAV client API works fine in both
of my stores. Does Slide fall back to a default search implementation if
no contentindexer is defined? In this case I assume that using Lucene
would result in more efficient search queries?

-Mirko

Re: Indexing / DASL without Lucene

Posted by James Mason <ma...@apache.org>.
2.1b2 supports content indexing with Lucene. Take a look at the
org.apache.slide.search.IndexTrigger event listener near the bottom of
Domain.xml.

-James

Posted by Mirko Froehlich <mf...@digitalchocolate.com>.
Thanks, that's good to know.