Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ri...@yahoo.com on 2007/04/29 14:39:42 UTC

Tomcat 6 sending only header for first chunked http response

Tomcat 6 Http Connector will first send only the header during a large chunked response. This causes problems for some of our client processors.  In 5 and 5.5 with the same code, the header is sent along with some of the body content.  We are doing no flush until all content has been written.  The header send seems to happen only sporadically, triggered by something not in our code.  Perhaps its trying to be efficient by sending the header while the first chunked content is still being prepared.

Is there a way to control its sending only the header as the first chunk?  Some config?

Thank you.
-rick

Re: Tomcat 6 sending only header for first chunked http response

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
ricks100rules-apache@yahoo.com wrote:
> Tomcat 6 Http Connector will first send only the header during a large chunked response. This causes problems for some of our client processors.  In 5 and 5.5 with the same code, the header is sent along with some of the body content.  We are doing no flush until all content has been written.  The header send seems to happen only sporadically, triggered by something not in our code.  Perhaps its trying to be efficient by sending the header while the first chunked content is still being prepared.
>
> Is there a way to control its sending only the header as the first chunk?  Some config?

headers are usually sent down as the response get committed or the
internal buffers fill up. not sure why clients would have any problems
in how headers/body get sent down.
if you have a sample ,I can take a deeper look for you
Filip